Let's set up a new space just for testing this right now, ok?
AUDIO as HABIT.
- It's my POLICY to post audio when I have something to say.
- My MISSION is to GET TWITTER TALKING, ok?
- MY GOAL IS 100% AWARENESS THAT TINYVOX EXISTS WITHIN ONE MONTH OF RELAUNCH.
- Now you're talking again, brother. Wow.
You need to become a CHAMPION again.
You've been a turtle hiding in your shell for so long that doing things to ensure this app's popularity seem very alien to you. What are you supposed to do to market an app these days anyway? The game is probably changed, possibly totally over. is the game of "cool new app" over? Isn't everyone's front screen totally taken up? How do you make this a MUST HAVE? How do you make posting audio to twitter a DAILY HABIT???
- Get excited... why am I not excited?
- Get doejo to do perfect work
- Eliminate all defects and bugs before delivering to the app store.
- Launch within budget and with genius.
- IT SELLS ITSELF so the majority of twitter users buy tinyvox to start tweeting with audio, before twitter goes and adds an audio button of their own...
- Twitter buys TinyVox, or Apple does, or Facebook... because we are obviously the best audio tool
This reboot alone has cost me $20,000. Holy fucking shit. I don't know what is going to happen but if it doesn't go viral and have a business model attached to it, I'll fail and never look back, I guess. Last chance tinyvox. No wonder I've been angsty. TWITTER CARDS ARE GO, PLEASE, OK???
launching to mass acclaim
- use it yourself @unamerican etc...
- tell the media it's up again - techcrunch lifehacker mashable etc
- maybe do some PR stunt type stuff?
- create product-market fit with brands?
- twitter blast to journalists on muckrack
IT MUST GO VIRAL.
i'm not excited because i can't believe it'll go viral this time either.
I don't know how to promote anything anyway. I only know I'm going to use it myself. That's about all I can guarantee.
OUR ONLY HOPE IS TWITTER
REMEMBER THAT AT ALL TIMES... only your Twitter integration can possibly go viral. Everything else is tragically overbuilt. I personally would only pay for Email out of all of those other things, and therefore TinyVox Pro is not worth $9.99 but only $4.99... maybe... although the email feature is THAT GOOD...
move all icons to your front screen
you've got to do a bunch of testing to make this work, ok?
Twitter Cards seems CRITICAL now.
With Twitter Cards we can look forward to a perfect product for Twitter. Without it, you're still making it like, hey leave your Twitter bubble and come out to my site to listen... I just want to press play in Twitter, and if we're doing all the work of posting data to Twitter it ought to be the best possible data.
if it works, INTERNATIONALIZE.
I think if Twitter does go viral somehow your next move is to make versions of tinyvox in all the different languages. i think that would make sense. please go viral please.
the LANDING PAGES
- ought to be White (youtube look!)
- must resolve nicely in mobile safari
- ought to have embed link
- must have viral links
- ought to have FB comments and Like/Send buttons
And it works in MOBILE.
So it's critical that we use Twitter Cards and catch up with Soundcloud. Because folks use the Twitter app to use Twitter and in Tweetbot is where we can send folks to our site.
I need to post some audio, ok?
I have not been able to post anything at all yet and it's frustrating. I need that to work immediately. I'm not sure what's going on here.
How else can a user get audio on twitter, and are these ways easy and/or free?
I'm amazed twitter inc doesn't have a mic in their app... LUCKY!!!
That is one of the best things ever and we need to make sure it works again perfectly including the text posting properly etc. We gotta get this done.
i don't get notifications from basecamp.
maybe i can fix that somehow? i need to get notifications from basecamp because i keep missing updates. Days have slipped in the past...
Create images to post to basecamp
Log in and see where is stuck...
Persuade Faraj to do Twitter Cards, it's CRITICAL.